coursera partners with more than 250 leading universities and companies to bring flexible, affordable, job-relevant online learning to individuals and organizations worldwide. It offers a range of learning opportunities—from hands-on projects and courses to job-ready certificates and degree programs.
Students could earn a university degree and enjoy high-quality curriculum, affordable pricing, and flexible scheduling.
coursera has more than 3,900 courses, 13 professional certificates and 20 degrees available. The company offers on-demand video lectures, self-paced quizzes and hands-on projects to help you apply the skills you’re learning.
courses are available in:
- Arts and humanities.
- Computer science.
- Data science.
- Information technology.
- Language learning.
- Math and logic.
- Personal development.
- Physical science and engineering.
- Social sciences.
coursera offers different type of online education for students’:
- Guided projects (quickly learn job skills and industry tools – duration 1-2 hours);
- Courses (duration 4-12 hours);
- Specializations (master a specific skill – duration 1-3 months);
- Professional Certificates (duration 1-6 months);
- Master Track Certificates (university-issued certificate and credit towards a degree – duration 4-7 months);
- Degrees (bachelor’s and master’s degree; duration 2-4 years.
This kind of tool can be effectively used in educational contexts online presentations of learning content (learning content may be presented in more interesting way – it motivates students and helps them to better and deeply understand the lectures), students can get some additional knowledge, which they cannot get from the professor.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
Strenght: Offers many different courses from different fields, that could be done online; obtaining certificates and formal education.
Weakness: The access fee is high.
People opinion about the tool: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/coursera.org
Similar Tool: Udemy; EdX.org; Masterclass; Skillshare.
Technical and operational requirements: PC in order to create and play activities, for create camera and microphone are also needed.