coursera partners with more than 250 leading universities and companies to bring flexible, affordable, job-relevant online learning to individuals and organizations worldwide.
Maturity Rate* (2012)
The indicator is based on the lifetime of the tool. The older it is, the more mature it is, more star it has.
Difficulty in the start time lessons
How easy/difficult it is to use it the first time.
Online / Downloadable
- Strenght: Offers many different courses from different fields, that could be done online; obtaining certificates and formal education.
- Weakness: The access fee is high.
- Skills: Digital Skills; Methodological Skills; Social Skills; Personal Skill.
- Pedagogical approach: Independent courses from different fields.
- Mode: Blended; Online; Hybrid; Hyflex.
- Timing: 15’ or less; 15’-60’; 60’-90’; 90’-120’; >120’
- Group size: 1
- Teaching and learning: Interactive courses.
- Empowering learners: Actively engaging learners.
- Devices available: Pc, touchscreen devices, smartphone, tablet.
coursera partners with more than 250 leading universities and companies to bring flexible, affordable, job-relevant online learning to individuals and organizations worldwide. It offers a range of learning opportunities—from hands-on projects and courses to job-ready certificates and degree programs.
Students could earn a university degree and enjoy high-quality curriculum, affordable pricing, and flexible scheduling.
coursera has more than 3,900 courses, 13 professional certificates and 20 degrees available. The company offers on-demand video lectures, self-paced quizzes and hands-on projects to help you apply the skills you’re learning.
courses are available in:
- Arts and humanities.
- Computer science.
- Data science.
- Information technology.
- Language learning.
- Math and logic.
- Personal development.
- Physical science and engineering.
- Social sciences.
coursera offers different type of online education for students’:
- Guided projects (quickly learn job skills and industry tools – duration 1-2 hours);
- Courses (duration 4-12 hours);
- Specializations (master a specific skill – duration 1-3 months);
- Professional Certificates (duration 1-6 months);
- Master Track Certificates (university-issued certificate and credit towards a degree – duration 4-7 months);
- Degrees (bachelor’s and master’s degree; duration 2-4 years.
This kind of tool can be effectively used in educational contexts online presentations of learning content (learning content may be presented in more interesting way – it motivates students and helps them to better and deeply understand the lectures), students can get some additional knowledge, which they cannot get from the professor.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
Strenght: Offers many different courses from different fields, that could be done online; obtaining certificates and formal education.
Weakness: The access fee is high.
People opinion about the tool: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/coursera.org
Similar Tool: Udemy; EdX.org; Masterclass; Skillshare.
Technical and operational requirements: PC in order to create and play activities, for create camera and microphone are also needed.
How useful is this tool in your opinion?VOTE THE TOOL NOW