Interactive videos, interactive presentations, quizzes, interactive timelines and more have been developed and shared using H5P on H5P.org. The H5P is built on open source technologies (MIT license), so that the use and participation in the online community is also free for other users.
H5P.org is the community website where H5P libraries, applications and content types may be shared. H5P applications and content types work the same way in all H5P compatible websites.
H5P offers more than 40 different building blocks that can be used to create interactive content that adapts to different devices, such as PCs or tablets and smartphones.
INTERACTIVE PRESENTATIONS OF LESSONS AND LEARNING ASSISTENT
H5P is a learning tool that enables different types of learning activities with the goal to present the learning content in more interesting and interactive way. This helps to better and deeply understand the learning content.
Some activities are also intended to knowledge verification, but more for informally assesment.
This kind of tool can be effectively used in educational contexts for many purposes:
- as interactive presentations of learning content (learning content may be presented in more interesting way – it motivates students and helps them to better and deeply understand the lectures);
- learning with games (activities that contain the elements of games – it motivates students and help them acquire new skills, knowledge and consolidate their prior knowledge);
- project learning work (it is possible to prepare project work for students in interactive way);
- individual work (it is possible to prepare some activities for individual work to process the content by themselves);
- repetition and consolidation of knowledge (various activities for consolidation and repetition knowledge, students could do them individually at home);
- self-check (tool offers the activities that chocks the correctness of answers and thus gives students feedback on their knowledge).
It can be used mostly for informally assessment and in some cases for formative assessment. The activities could be prepared as part of the individual work at home or as part of an initial check of the level of knowledge that students have about something before the actual lectures.
The right answers could be displayed immediately, after the completion of the entire activity, or we do not display them so that the students can return to the activity themselves after the lesson they have learned and check where they had problems.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
Strenght: Offers many different activities to create, could be used as a plug in different LMSs.
Weakness: Open standard that allows bad code, security weakness and code that may be difficult to reuse.
People opinion about the tool:
Similar Tool: Webflow; Dreamweaver; Google Web Designer.
Technical and operational requirements: PC in order to create the Play; a mobile/PC in order to play it.
License Tool: Author-based subscriptions.