Microsoft Whiteboard provides a freeform, intelligent canvas where people can ideate, create, and collaborate visually via the cloud.
Maturity Rate* (2016)
The indicator is based on the lifetime of the tool. The older it is, the more mature it is, more star it has.
Difficulty in the start time lessons
How easy/difficult it is to use it the first time.
Online / Downloadable
- Strenght: It is a free digital application that functions like a traditional whiteboard, but is hosted virtually. Digital whiteboards can integrate with other video conferencing and screen sharing platforms to allow for collaboration even when educators and students are not physically in the same room.
- Weakness: Microsoft Whiteboard is lacks of details in the feature and the tools. Like the shape option, it only has basic shape and if user needs any other shape, it has to be drawn manually and it is very time consuming to do it all from the start.
- Skills: Digital Skills; Methodological Skill; Social Skills.
- Pedagogical approach: Team based learning; Collaborative Learning.
- Mode: Blended; Face to Face; Online; Hybrid; Hyflex.
- Timing: 15’ or less; 15’-60’; 60’-90’; 90’-120’; >120’
- Group size: 1-10; 11-15; 16-30; 31-80; 80+
- Teaching and learning: Freehand draw; Brainstorming; Writing notes.
- Empowering learners: Accessibility and inclusion; Actively engaging learners.
- Devices available: Pc, touchscreen devices, surface hub, smartphone, tablet.
Microsoft Whiteboard provides a freeform, intelligent canvas where people can ideate, create, and collaborate visually via the cloud. Designed for touch, type, and pen, it lets educators write or draw as smoothly as they would with ink.
Educators can type in text, add an image, sticky notes, or note grid to express their ideas and use reactions to visually communicate their thoughts. It enhances teamwork by allowing all team members to edit the canvas in real time, no matter where they are.
Educators can get started quickly by inserting a pre-built template or drawing a flowchart using expansive shapes library.
A virtual whiteboard is a digital application that functions like a traditional whiteboard, but is hosted virtually. Digital whiteboards can integrate with other video conferencing and screen sharing platforms to allow for collaboration even when educators and students are not physically in the same room.
A virtual whiteboard has multiple colors, shapes and templates to choose from and allows whiteboards to be saved in shareable files for easy access in the future.
A digital whiteboard can enhance a virtual or in person meeting by encouraging collaboration. A whiteboard can help people visualize a process.
Whiteboards increase collaboration by allowing participants to easily add ideas to the whiteboard with sticky notes or colored markers.
Microsoft Whiteboard was designed for both remote and in-classroom learning. In the classroom, students leave the class with a digital version of the whiteboard so they can focus on listening and learning instead of copying content from the whiteboard during class.
Teachers can run more interactive lessons using a shared whiteboard where students can add their content or react on content added by others.
Microsoft Whiteboard is a great tool for group projects, keeping all project members engaged and giving teachers an opportunity to watch and provide feedback.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
Strenght: It is very easy to use and very helpful software. The software easily integrate with other software and provide excellent support in online trainings. Educators can also share diagram, equations and express their point of views by choosing different colours and styles.
Weakness: It doesn’t have all the features of other whiteboard applications such as Miro, Mural, and Stormboard. You can’t use it for serious diagramming, for example, and there are no mind mapping features. But as a free application, Microsoft Whiteboard doesn’t have to match all these features to be useful to some teams.
People opinion about the tool: https://www.capterra.it/reviews/203470/microsoft-whiteboard
Similar Tool: Blackboard collaborate; Mirò; Canvas; Lucidspark; Mural; Stormboard.
Technical and operational requirements: Available on: PC, Surface Hub, OS: Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher; Architecture: arm64 X64 X86.
How useful is this tool in your opinion?VOTE THE TOOL NOW