Prezi is a presentation software that helps teachers connect more powerfully with their students. Prezi’s advantage over static slides is that its interactive.
Maturity Rate* (2009)
The indicator is based on the lifetime of the tool. The older it is, the more mature it is, more star it has.
Difficulty in the start time lessons
How easy/difficult it is to use it the first time.
Online / Downloadable
- Strenght: Interactive – this is a huge strength because it is different and it forces the student’s eyes to follow everything because of how interesting it is. Creative – This allows me to be more creative than a Powerpoint since I am able to design a lesson that has more features to it like zooming in and zooming out and even adding music. Lots of features – This software allows me to use many different features that are only present here such as adding music, zooming in and zooming out, putting words on top of pictures, etc.
- Weakness: With the free version you can only create and share up to 5 visual projects, it can be pretty time-consuming because you want to use all the features and make the presentation the best it can be.
- Skills: Digital Skills; Methodological Skill; Personal Skill; Social Skill.
- Pedagogical approach: Slide presenter, Video creator.
- Mode: Blended; Face to Face; Online; Hybrid; Hyflex.
- Timing: 15’ or less; 15’-60’; 60’-90’; 90’-120’; >120’
- Group size: 1-10; 11-15; 16-30; 31-80; 80+
- Teaching and learning: Slide presentation, creativity, collaboration.
- Empowering learners: Facilitating learner’s digital competence, facilitating presenting competence, public speaking skills.
- Devices available: Pc, touchscreen devices, smartphone, tablet.
Prezi is a Hungarian video and visual communications software. Prezi’s advantage over static slides is that its interactive, zoomable canvas shows the relationship between the big picture and the fine details.
The vendor’s value proposition is that this puts ideas in context, and makes them more likely to resonate, motivate, and be remembered.
Prezi is a presentation software that helps teachers connect more powerfully with their students. Unlike slides, Prezi’s open, zoomable canvas lets teachers show the relationships between the big picture and fine details, taking viewers on a compelling, informative journey they’re not only likely to enjoy more, but remember and act upon.
Prezi has 3 different products:
- Prezi Present.
- Prezi Video.
- Prezi Design.
Prezi is a visual storytelling software alternative to traditional slide-based presentation formats. Prezi presentations feature a map-like overview that lets users pan between topics, zoom in on details, and pull back to reveal context. Prezi Video is integrated with popular video chat platforms and communication tools; it can be used in Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, Slack, Facebook, GoToWebinar and Webex
Prezi Present, Prezi Design, and Prezi Video are all built to help the teacher to captivate, motivate, and educate their students at any level, in person or online.
Prezi provides dynamic, moving presentations that encourage learning by keeping students focused – in any setting.
Teachers can easily create videos and presentations that guide and engage students. Share them in LMS, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams.
Present live or record to share anywhere.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
Strenght: It provides moment that helps highlight ideas and draw them together. it’s intuitive and whether Teachers start with a blank presentation or use a template it always adds pop to any presentation or training. Since it’s cloud-based, you can start a presentation on a desktop, move it to at tablet – continue to edit it and then use run it from your phone via airplay.
Weakness: Users must be careful when designing presentations as they can become quite busy. Difficult to convert presentations to PDF and lot of time to load the presentation.
People opinion about the tool: https://www.trustradius.com/products/prezi/reviews?qs=pros-and-cons#reviews
Similar Tool: Microsoft Powerpoint; Apple Keynote; Google Slides.
Technical and operational requirements: Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based.
For the Desktop app it requires:
Windows 7 SP1 or newer with updated drivers, DirectX 9 or higher, and a minimum of 4 GB RAM.
OS X 10.11 or higher with a minimum of 4 GB RAM.
License Tool: With the free version you can only create and share up to 5 visual projects.
How useful is this tool in your opinion?VOTE THE TOOL NOW