With Samsung Notes it is possible to create notes containing texts, images with footnotes, voice recordings, and music.
Moreover, users can share their notes easily to SNS. Previously made any memos from S Note and Memo also can be imported into Samsung Notes.
Samsung Notes provides various brush types and colour mixers, so that users can draw fabulous paintings like professional painters.
The benefits of using Samsung Notes in Education:
- convenient way for studying and learning on any device anywhere at any time.
- Interactive way for accessing to a digital repository of knowledge and information such as academic materials, libraries and assignments or exams.
- Collaborative way for encouraging students to study and work as group.
- It helps students to edits their notes together in real time wherever they are in the same class or in different place.
- It enables both students and teachers to exchange their feedback automatically in one place virtually anytime, anywhere.
It can be used for summative assessment or for formative assessment to stimulate reflection or critical thinking. This second option is the most interesting in terms of learning and soft skills development. Quizzes can be performed by students by themselves or during class: the tool automatically grades the performance.
The teacher can also prepare feedback (that is shown automatically by the tool) or discuss results in class together with students.
For instance in one of the cases analyzed the teacher gives students a question about a physics problem to be attempted individually. Then the teacher asks students to discuss among peers about their answers to the question in group of 2 or 3.
After few minutes he stops the discussion and he asks students to answer again individually. At the end the teacher shows the right answer.
This use of classroom response system has been undertaken in a large classroom (more than 200 students) to stimulate engagement, self reflection and discussion among peers.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
- Quick note taking.
- Switch between pens, highlighters and erasers.
- Customize page template and background color.
- Convert your handwriting to text.
- Import an image or PDF.
- Add a voice recording.
- Share files.
- It is not possible to search and categorize things by keywords.
- Lack of bullet point options.
- When exporting notes with multiple scans it gets files too big opposed to reducing quality.
People opinion about the tool: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.app.notes&hl=en_US&gl=US
Similar Tool: Evernote; Google Keep; Microsoft OneNote.
Technical and operational requirements: A mobile/PC.