SharePoint is a web-based collaborative platform that integrates natively with Microsoft Office, is primarily sold as a document management and storage system, but the product is highly configurable, and its usage varies substantially among organizations.
With Microsoft SharePoint is a cloud and webpage base solution on PC, Mac, or mobile device, you can:
- Build intranet sites and create pages, document libraries, and lists;
- Add web parts to customize your content;
- Show important visuals, news, and updates with a team or communication site;
- Discover, follow, and search for sites, files, and people across your organization and teams;
- Manage daily routine with workflows, forms, and lists;
- Sync and store your files in the cloud so anyone can securely work within groups and organization;
- SharePoint integrates with Exchange to provide students with an email address;
- SharePoint integrates with other Microsoft Office software and web-based solution, e.g. Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint, OneNote, Forms, Sway, Yammer.
Web-based collaborative platform
Pedagogical background and Assessment
SharePoint by is not recommended as a stand-alone application although it is important part of the general configuration and arrangement when Microsoft Teams is used an eLearning tool.
The outstanding power of SharePoint is that it is highly configurable system through possible automation with use of integrated Power Automate and JSON language. Therefore, it can be integrated with other external systems. For pedagogical background, assessment please refer to Microsoft Teams.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
Strenght: It’s easy to use when properly organized and configured for intranet and internet access, centralized document repository, user-editable content creation for internal information dissemination, project collaboration and some automation.
Weakness: Need of Microsoft 365 package or other license from Microsoft, and qualified support is recommended.
People opinion about the tool: https://www.getapp.com/collaboration-software/a/microsoft-sharepoint/reviews/
Similar Tool: Moodle; Google Classroom.
Technical and operational requirements: PC/mobile in order to access and create content. Possibility of use templates.
License Tool: Selection of license options in dependance on requirements of organization.