SurveyMonkey It is a global leader in survey software. 20 million questions answered daily. You can create, edit and send surveys, review your results, build with expert templates, and more opportunities like:
- Make a survey, quiz, or poll and send it out.
- Edit a live survey-fix a typo or add a question you forgot to ask.
- Open and close surveys in your account.
- Analyze charts and individual responses.
- Filter, compare, and analyze results.
- Share your survey link via text, email, or social media.
- Share results-decide what and with whom to share.
- Enable push notifications to monitor responses.
SurveyMonkey is a global leader in survey software with over 60 million users worldwide.
CLASSROOM RESPONSE SYSTEM
Open question by definition Classroom response systems, also called electronic student response systems, clickers, personal response systems, student response systems, or audience response systems are interactive remote answering devices that offer instructors a means to gain some simple real-time feedback from the audience.
This kind of tool can be effectively used in educational contexts for many purposes:
- as self assessment moment for students proposing questions to verify the acquired knowledge.
Teacher can decide to add, at the end, a moment of clarification done by the teacher or among peers.
- as a moment to recall and to assess students’ understanding of important concepts.
- as immediate feedback on specific questions/problems.
- as recall questions.
At the beginning of the lecture a teacher launches a poll to assess if students attended a previous lecture (useful for flipped classroom).
- as activation moment proposing contradictory questions to stimulate discussions; a poll to collect opinions.
- as self reflection about new topics: this process supports recall of previous, and often, implicit knowledge.
It can be used for summative assessment or for formative assessment to stimulate reflection or critical thinking.
This second option is the most interesting in terms of learning and soft skills development.
Quizzes can be performed by students by themselves or during class.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
Strenght: It’s easy to use in classroom and in adult education conference.
Weakness: Over 10 questions is necessary to buy the license.
Free users cannot export data to Excel. The plans can be quite expensive if you are only really needing to use the platform for a one-off survey. To make any changes (like the font type and color) in the survey invitation email you need an enterprise account.
People opinion about the tool: https://www.g2.com/products/surveymonkey/reviews#survey-response-6942180
Similar Tool: Socrative; Google Form; Clickers; Mentimeter; Kahoot!.
Technical and operational requirements: PC in order to create the Play; a mobile/PC in order to play it.