Visio in Microsoft 365 is available to Microsoft 365 commercial subscribers, so you can create professional diagrams anytime, anywhere, with anyone. Visio is similar to other Office 365 apps.
Maturity Rate* (1992)
The indicator is based on the lifetime of the tool. The older it is, the more mature it is, more star it has.
Difficulty in the start time lessons
How easy/difficult it is to use it the first time.
Online / Downloadable
- Strenght: Ease of creating diagrams; collaborative mode of workflow.
- Weakness: Need of Microsoft 365 package or other license from Microsoft, and qualified support is recommended.
- Skills: Digital Skills; Personal Skill; Methodological Skill; Social Skill.
- Pedagogical approach: Draw flow chart; Work in groups; Team based learning; Collaborative learning.
- Mode: Blended; Face-to-face; Hyflex; Online; Hybrid.
- Timing: 0-15’; 15’-60’; 60’-90’; 90’-120’; >120’
- Group size: 80+
- Teaching and learning: Work in groups; Team based Learning; Collaborative learning; Planning.
- Empowering learners: Accessibility and inclusion; Actively engaging learners.
- Devices available: Pc, touchscreen devices, smartphone, tablet.
Visio in Microsoft 365 is available to Microsoft 365 commercial subscribers, so you can create professional diagrams anytime, anywhere, with anyone.
Visio is similar to other Office 365 apps. Easily open Visio files that have been recently edited, accessed, and reviewed by your colleagues or quickly find the right template.
It allows visual collaboration for teams while creating org charts, flowcharts, network diagrams, brainstorming, floor plans.
Visio creates easy-to-understand visuals with confidence which makes it a powerful tool for any kind of data illustration.
Tools can be effectively used in educational contexts for many purposes linked with data from the other MS Office 365 apps. It allows the creation and co-authoring of professional-looking diagrams for effective decision making, data visualization and process execution to help increase productivity across the class with:
- Flowcharts using the vast library of shapes, stencils, and templates to turn numbers and information into impactful stories.
- Org charts to visualize team, hierarchy, or reporting structures, and then share them with employees, teams, and stakeholders.
- Floor plans to design a social distancing workspace, retail store layout, new home, and more with accurate, scalable templates and tools to help you visualize function, flow, and aesthetic appeal.
- Brainstorming support with a range of templates for visualizing problems and mapping solutions-from fishbone diagrams to SWOT analysis.
- Network diagrams to simplify system design process and illustrate how devices and networks all work together with a variety of network templates, shapes, and connector tools.
As other MS Office 365 apps it allows sharing the content in real-time, therefore it is a great asset to teamwork tasks. Tutors (as well as other members) have the possibility to comment and review (including review history) actions taken.
Use cases/examples of usage: (tutorial)
Strenght: Easy to use tool to create powerful diagrams and charts also in a way of online collaboration. Great asset for brainstorming and planning.
Weakness: Need of Microsoft 365 package or other license from Microsoft, and qualified support is recommended.
People opinion about the tool: https://www.g2.com/products/visio/reviews
Similar Tool: Google Drawing; Yed Graph Editor; Creately; LibreOffice; OpenOffice Draw; Creately.
Technical and operational requirements: PC/mobile in order to access and create content. Possibility of use templates.
License Tool: Selection of license options in dependance on requirements of organization as per Microsoft Office 365 (please refer to your local Microsoft website).
How useful is this tool in your opinion?VOTE THE TOOL NOW